Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, Protection, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is in the process to apply for Shelter project, this project objective to repair and rehabilitation of shelters for vulnerable HHs at constant risk of exposure to weather extremes such as prevent water leakage from roofs, windows and walls, and provide adequate protection from harsh weather.
The project will target 200 vulnerable families who is having risk during extreme weather. The project will target Khan Younis and Rafah governorate.
Within this anticipated project (upon the availability of fund), Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Social Worker (SW) – Part Time (70%)
# of Position Available: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 8 Months
- Conduct social assessments for potential beneficiary households.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs in coordination with Site Engineer.
- The SW will be responsible for conducting field visits to homes of nominee list to fill the social form to help identification of project beneficiaries.
- Collect the necessary supportive documents from the nominee.
- Participation with site engineer in the field work especially in the social field survey.
- Participation on fellow up and documentation the file belongs to field survey.
- Monitor the process of purchasing the Essential Household Items through the CRS E-voucher system
- Map existing services in target neighborhoods to inform referral systems.
- Conduct semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions, seeking meaningful engagement of all household members.
- Communicate with families and beneficiaries in a clear, professional, and respectful manner.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in social worker or related field with at least good grade.
- Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year of experience working with NGO's.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis or Rafah governorates.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications is Monday 14/11/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.