Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, Protection, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is in the process to apply for Shelter project, this project objective to repair and rehabilitation of shelters for vulnerable HHs at constant risk of exposure to weather extremes such as prevent water leakage from roofs, windows and walls, and provide adequate protection from harsh weather.
The project will target 200 vulnerable families who is having risk during extreme weather. The project will target Khan Younis and Rafah governorate.
Within this anticipated project (upon the availability of fund), Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Position Available: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 8 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering with at least good grade.
- Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year of experience working with NGO's.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications is Monday 14/11/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.