Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, Protection, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is in the process to start implementation of Shelter for Resilience (S4R): Assisting 194 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level project, this project is extension for Shelter for Resilience (S4R): Assisting 104 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level project. The project funded by GARITAS Germany.
The project extension goal is to increased resilience of acutely endangered families in Gaza through supporting additional 90 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level. The project will be implemented in Khan Younis and Rafah governorates.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Social Worker (SW) – Full time
# of Position Available: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 9 Months
- Fill the social assessments for potential households.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs in coordination with Site Engineer.
- Collect the necessary supportive documents from the nominee.
- Participation with site engineer in the field work especially in the social field survey.
- Participation on fellow up and documentation the file belongs to field survey.
- Monitor the process of purchasing the Essential Household Items through the CRS E-voucher system
- Lead the resilience component activities as part of the project
- Map existing services in target neighborhoods to inform referral systems.
- Conduct orientation sessions for selected households about the resilience planning process
- Provide appropriate resources and accompany the process of recording the needs to help the selected HHs to prepare their resilience plan
- Facilitate coaching sessions regarding resilience component with households as they implement action plans.
- Connect the members of the target households into contact with local NGOs and service providers.
- Conduct semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions, seeking meaningful engagement of all household members.
- Communicate with families and beneficiaries in a clear, professional, and respectful manner.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in social worker or related field with at least good grade.
- Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year of experience working with NGO's.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis or Rafah governorates.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Saturday 6/8/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.