Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, Food Security, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Islamic Relief worldwide Palestine office in partnership with Bayader is in the process to start implementation of Project “Provision of multi-sectorial Humanitarian Assistance to the most vulnerable and affected-crisis households”.
The objective of this project is to provide a quality and equitable multi-sectorial humanitarian assistance for the most vulnerable households affected by May’s escalation of violence and the protracted humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip. Specifically, the affected households will be targeted with diverse assistance and protection, including the following areas of intervention:
- Provision of food vouchers for the most vulnerable HHs facing severe food insecurity and protection concerns.
- Rehabilitation to moderately and lightly damaged homes because of the conflict and basic shelter NFIs.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Sit Engineer (SE) – Full Time (40 working hours per week)
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC).
# of Position Available: 2
Period: 8 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities for rehabilitation (BoQs) works and prepare project agreements accordingly.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor and Maximum master’s degree in civil or Architectural engineering with at least good grade.
- Three years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year experience working with NGOs.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Tuesday, 5/7/2022, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female and people with Disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.