Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, Food Security, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Islamic Relief worldwide Palestine office in partnership with Bayader is in the process to start implementation of project “Provision of multi-sectorial Humanitarian Assistance to the most vulnerable and affected-crisis households”.
The objective of this project is to provide a quality and equitable multi-sectorial humanitarian assistance for the most vulnerable households affected by May’s escalation of violence and the protracted humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip. Specifically, the affected households will be targeted with diverse assistance and protection, including the following areas of intervention:
- Provision of food vouchers for the most vulnerable HHs facing severe food insecurity and protection concerns.
- Rehabilitation to moderately and lightly damaged homes because of the conflict and basic shelter NFIs.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator (PC) – Full Time (40 working hours per week)
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports to: Executive Director (ED).
Period: 12 Months
- The PC will be responsible for the overall management of the project, ensuring that project activities are up to quality standards and in line with timing of the detailed implantation plan
- Assist in managing the performance of the project staff in the administrative and professional levels
- Follow up with project staff developments of activities.
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by Bayader and donor in consultation with the ED.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the program by reporting to donor on the program deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of new project ideas in the field of work.
- Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient project filing system including all project related documents.
- Participate in planning and implementation for data collection for all project activities.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Document project success stories and media related cases.
- Keep tracking the financial expenses within the project budget
- Supervision of an effective and relevant Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) which uses feedback to inform/improve implementation.
- Perform any other tasks required by the ED related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor and Maximum master’s degree in Business Administration civil or Architectural engineering or related field with at least good grade.
- Three years of professional experience in project management of similar project.
- Two years’ experience working with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in food security, livelihood and shelter assistance required,
- Well-are of CHS.
- Proven experience in similar position (project coordinator)
- Experience managing staff
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills.
- Strong reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office Suite: Word and Excel).
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Tuesday, 5/7/2022, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female and people with Disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.