Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, Food Security, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Human Appeal UK (HA-UK) is in the process to start implementation of Emergency Shelter Assistance for conflict affected Families in the Gaza Strip project.
The project objective to restore dignity, privacy and safety for families whose homes were damaged during the May 2021 conflict. HA-UK and Bayader will provide assistance for 80 household, to complete shelter repairs for partial and severe damages that reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing. The project location will target the five governorates of the Gaza strip.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Accountant (PA) – Full time
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC) and Acting Financial Manager
Period: 6 Months
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, or other relevant filed with at least good grade;
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in similar position;
- Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs;
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal );
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Wednesday, 03/11/2021, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female and people with Disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.