Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, Food Security, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Human Appeal UK (HA-UK) is in the process to start implementation of Emergency Shelter Assistance for conflict affected Families in the Gaza Strip project.
The project objective to restore dignity, privacy and safety for families whose homes were damaged during the May 2021 conflict. HA-UK and Bayader will provide assistance for 80 household, to complete shelter repairs for partial and severe damages that reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing.The project location will target the five governorates of the Gaza strip.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Position Available: 2
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 6 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities for rehabilitation (BoQs) works and prepare project agreements accordingly.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering with at least good grade.
- Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Wednesday, 03/11/2021, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female and people with Disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.