Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Women and Childhood, Food Security, Economic Empowerment, Community Development and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Project Coordinator (PC)
Position Title: Project Coordinator (PC)
Number of available Positions: 1
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Direct Report: Executive Director (ED)
Expected Start Date: May 2021
Expected Duration: 11 Months
SAWA Project Background:
For the cooperation program between European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium; Enabel - Belgian development agency is responsible for implementing the intervention of “Enhanced resilience of micro businesses and create sustainable livelihood opportunities in the Gaza strip -SAWA”. SAWA is a 3-year project that aims at contributing to economic resilience through enhancing the resilience and sustainability of micro-businesses in the Gaza Strip and initiating sustainable and innovative green/circular economy initiative.
In partnership with Enabel, Bayader is responsible to achieve the following result: Empowered vulnerable women and youth for establishing sustainable and resilient micro businesses. Under this result, SAWA project will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood microbusinesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Bayader is implementing project activities related to the livelihood component in the middle, Khan Younis, and Rafah governorates.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director at Bayader, the Project Coordinator (PC) will be fully responsible for the overall successful project management including efficient, effective and timely planning and completion of activities, achievement of outputs and outcomes within the constraints of scope, time, budget.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Representing the project to the local community and stakeholders.
- Coordination and cooperation with the donor of the project to implement the project activities.
- Supervise the implementation of the project activities in coordination with the project team "business development specialists", following up on the daily work of the project activities in order to ensure that the work is completed in a systematic manner and in accordance with the plans and quality of the project.
- Plan, review and approve timeline plans to implement project activities.
- Supervise the activities of collecting and analyzing data and studies to identify and define the most vulnerable communities in the targeted areas and identify the needs of the communities.
- Supervise the activities to identify promising economic sectors at the community level in the target communities and identify potential livelihood opportunities.
- Supervise the implementation of community mobilization, communication and awareness activities.
- With the full support of the project team, developing and updating selection criteria and registration system for selecting project beneficiaries.
- Supervise verification activities for project applicants to identify potential project beneficiaries.
- Supervise, follow up and monitor the process of selecting the beneficiaries who will participate in the small business development training.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate the activities of building the capacity of beneficiaries.
- Supervise the development of training curricula, including materials, manuals, tools and models that will be used in the capacity building program for project beneficiaries.
- Overseeing training activities on life skills and small business management and developing effective action plans for project beneficiaries.
- Follow up and monitor the evaluation of the submitted business plans and the selection of financial grant recipients.
- Supervise the field verification activities of grant recipients to ensure receipt of grant financial installments, effective and optimal use of the financial support, and their conformity with the approved business plan and collecting supporting documents.
- Supervise and follow up the activities of coaching, mentoring and counseling for the beneficiaries.
- Supervise and support the implementation of monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability activities.
Documentation, Learning and Reporting
- Ensuring timely submission of complete, accurate reports.
- Documenting project activities, best practices, lessons learned and success stories.
- Support prepare narrative reports.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor university degree in relevant specialization like business administration, engineering, sustainable development, or a relevant field.
- Master degree will be assets.
- 4 years of directly related experience in similar position in the fields of development context, economic empowerment, livelihood and entrepreneurship projects.
- 2 years of experiences working with INGOs or local NGOs.
- High competency in project management, including the ability to apply the right project tools and techniques (management science).
- High interpersonal skills (management art) including but not limited to team building, communications, problem solving, facilitation, etc.
- Extensive experience in capacity building, planning and implementing micro-business management trainings/workshops targeting vulnerable youth and women in vulnerable communities.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including business planning and marketing.
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages.
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Sound experience in skills development/community development or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation in the business sphere and gender experience are two added pluses.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Tuesday 18/5/2021 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- PWD are encourages to apply.