Job Vacancy Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader in partnership with NGO Development Center (NDC), starts to implement “Improvement of educational process for primary grade schools in Khanyounis governorate through C4W” project through Cash for Work component at Gaza Emergency Project, funded by World Bank.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Accountant (PA) (Part Time)
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Manager
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Manager (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project finance tasks.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, business administration or other relevant filed;
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in NGO accounting;
- knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal );
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to Work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Sunday, 04/08/2019, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.